Original Airdate: Nov. 5, 2013
I don’t even know where to start. Classic Supernatural crack episode in which the laws of reality are smashed to pieces with a sledgehammer and we’re all just along for the ride.
Chef Leo has worked hard to cultivate his unique pallet. He eats animal organs with a mix of witchcraft in order to gain their abilities (temporary). Being a Chef, he loves to mix and match his ingredients for new and fun recipes, for example Sharktapus. After he snake kills a taxidermist the boys get involved. Sidenote: If I were to ever imagine a rattlesnake as a human that's exactly how I would imagine him to dress.
The only witness to the murder was a dog named Colonel. Colonel also happens to be present while Chef Leo cat kills a guy working at a pet shelter. After the boys deduce he's not the killer they figure he can help. Now can you imagine being Kevin back at the Batcave and getting the call “How do we speak to a dog?” That kid does not get enough credit for dealing with Winchester Problems.
Anyway, Dean mind melds with a dog. Shenanigans ensue.
For me it was very in character for Sam to suddenly want to go on a case. He's always been like that. He's always eager to get back on the road while Dean is usually the one asking him to take it easy. I only, ugh. For eight years, we've heard people ask Sam what he is. Sam knows the routine and he knows something is wrong with him. This situation is not new to him. Yet, he feels healthier than ever and Dean keeps reassuring him not to worry. That makes me worry. I know Dean thinks he's doing what's best, but can we all agree that this line of thinking is ridiculously stupid? Dean just tell your damn brother what is going on because if you keep this up any longer it's going to get sooooooo much worse. Sidenote: Anyone else think Sam was disappointed he couldn't drink the potion because he really loves dogs? And would have loved to be able to talk to animals?
Favorite bits of the episode?
- Dean and Colonel having an argument about classic rock. *you’re watching Supernatural gif* and yet… not the most ridiculous thing to happen this episode.
- The moment Sam tossed his trash and Dean started playing fetch. I had to pause because I was laughing so hard. I just have no words. It only got better with Dean whimpering because he really wanted to pick it up again.
- Dean barking at the mailman. “Hey! You! You! You! You!” Jensen? I can’t. Like. You are my favorite. Ever. HOW?!
- Dean threatening a pigeon. Show? Why are you like this? Don’t ever stop… but how are you even a show?
- “Quiet!” “I’m as quiet as a mouse! *giggles*” The talking mouse made a joke about mice and then laughed at her own joke.
- If the spin off does not have a Sharktapus I am going to very disappointed.
- “Don’t make me lick your damn face!” Did you hear that? That's the sound of thousands of Wincesters cheering across the country.
In conclusion: “What was your Mom smoking when she had you two?” *spit take* Writers - and don't take this the wrong way - what were you smoking when you wrote this episode? Seriously, I’ll have what they’re having.