Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: How I Met Your Mother 9x06 "Knight Vision"


Original Air Date: Oct. 21, 2013

This used to be my favorite sitcom.   I thought it was unique, smart, and creative.   There were times where I would rave about how stories unfolded and how intricate the storylines could get.  This season I am not feeling the same way about this show.  This series has lost something along the way and now just feels like any other sitcom on television.  It feels like it's given up.  It's the last season and now it feels like the writers are sitting back and phoning it in (Marshall is literally phoning it in with the rest of the group this season).

Before I get to the recap of this episode can someone tell me something… Is this entire season taking place in real time or something? Are we going to get a full twenty-four episode season that all takes place in the span of a single weekend?  Six episodes and its still 50-something odd hours until the wedding.

Anyway, this week features Ted trying to find his wedding weekend hook up. Ted can’t decide if he should be an insensitive jerk or a decent human being.  The ghostly knight from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade shows up and condemns his every choice for being 'wrong'.  Robin and Barney steal Marshall and Lily’s “how we met” story in order to ensure the minister will marry them.  Spoiler Alert: He finds out the truth and it literally kills him.  Marshall is still on his buddy roadtrip on his way to Farhampton.  He attempts to figure out the best way to tell Lily that he's already accepted the judgeship.

Honestly, the show just doesn't feel the same without Marshall interacting with the rest of the group. Even the interactions between the rest of the group just doesn't feel the same.  I have literally nothing else to say about this episode except... "What the damn hell?!" is this season?

From the promo for next week it looks like we’re getting a goofy silly Halloween episode on crack. So there’s that?

Conclusion: This show feels like it’s given up and that breaks my heart.  Sorry, I wish I could be more positive on this show but there's nothing I can say.  I don't think I laughed once.  I'm seriously drawing a blank.

No comments:

Post a Comment